I'm fairly new to ACI, and am coming across new things all the time. Here I will provide quick bits and pieces of things I find which are useful to know and have documented.
Erase fabric to factory defaults (Version 1.2(2h))
When you want to destroy the whole fabric and rebuild it, this is rather handy to know (simple, but useful):
Leaf-1# setup-clean-config.sh Leaf-1# reload This command will reload the chassis, Proceed (y/n)? [n]: y
DC2-apic3# acidiag touch setup DC2-apic3# acidiag reboot Broadcast message from root@DC2-apic3 (unknown) at 23:29 ... The system is going down for reboot NOW! Broadcast message from root@DC2-apic3 (unknown) at 23:29 ... The system is going down for reboot NOW! ## DC2-apic3#
APIC Password Recovery (Version 1.2(2h))
Just in case you forget it, or screw up the APIC. You'll need a USB stick and physical access to the APIC.
- Take a blank USB stick and add a single file called "aci-admin-passwd-reset.txt" using your PC.
- Insert the USB stick into the APIC and reboot.
- When the prompt "Press any key to enter the menu" is displayed, press any key!
- Select the version of code the APIC is running.
- Push 'e' to edit the boot string
- Add "aci-admin-passwd-reset" to the end of the line. Note: No .txt extension!
- Press enter to save, and then 'b' to boot the APIC.
- The APIC will boot as normal and prompt for a new admin password.